Tips for a brilliant CV!
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2017 by Charlotte Hanna — No comments
We all know how important it is to make your CV stand out from the crowd and tell potential employers what you’re all about. But how do you do it? Don’t panic because the lovely ladies at u&i Recruitment have put together the following tips to help you!
- Make it relevant. One size definitely doesn’t fit all. Tailor your CV towards the job or industry you’re applying for, it’s a really easy way of letting the employer know you’re serious about the role.
- Don’t be sloppy. One of the biggest turn-offs for potential employers is a CV full of spelling errors and lack of formatting. It’s basic, but make sure yours reads well.
- Keep it up to date. Make sure your previous jobs and other experience are as relevant as possible, it’ll make it more interesting to potential employers.
- Keep it concise. No employer wants to read through a four page CV. Keep it to two pages full of relevant information, and structure it so it’s easy to read. You can always expand on what you’ve written if you’re invited to an interview.
- Build on your experience. Keep on top of your skills, and make sure it’s shown on your CV. Maybe do some voluntary work, take a course or take on new projects in your current role.
- Sell yourself. Now’s not the time to hold back. Sing your praises and tell the employer how great you are, but try to be a little modest!
- Don’t make your CV your portfolio. CVs are much clearer as a straightforward Word document. Send design work examples separately.