Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Womenswear Designer to join their design team based in Cornwall. To design innovative and functional garments and products for adult, maternity, lifestyle and childrenswear ranges with womenswear and maternity being the main focus.
Womenswear Designer - The Role:
- To work as part of the existing Design team to help deliver a beautiful ethically made and commercially viable range that reflects the brand values and meets company objectives.
- To design garments and products, full repeat prints, placement prints, embroideries, appliques and other product embellishments that appeal to our target audience and reflects the brand. Using adobe illustrator to create sketches and artwork details.
- To play a significant part in developing the seasonal mood boards, colour palette, big ideas and innovation for each season through research of on-going and future trends, competitor benchmarking and colour analysis.
- Provide creative support during the product development process by looking for and implementing innovation in design to keep the brand fresh and different. Work closely with Buying team to launch new fabric and techniques that you can implement within your designs.
- Handover clear and concise design and information to Garment Technology team for product technical packs and work with the Garment Tech team to ensure samples fit correctly and reflect the design vision.
- Travel on seasonal inspiration trips to various locations around the world and occasionally visit suppliers when design support and development is required
Womenswear Designer - The Candidate:
- With a background in print and garment design you’ll be highly experienced in delivering exciting print and character designs and have a good understanding of garment and textile design. You’ll be brimming with ideas to continue to improve the brands product range and have the commercial awareness to build a well-balanced collection.
- Highly experienced in Adobe Illustrator and a good understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
Womenswear Designer - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.