Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for 3 talented textile designers - one for their interiors contract side, one for the innovation team and one for their transport team
Designer (Design & Development) - The Role:
- Provide consistent support to your line managers in all areas of the design and technical development process and team management.
- Be a creative guardian of the Brands textiles. Leading, inspiring and delivering a strong, uncompromising creative point of view to the business.
- Design and create concepts that move into viable, exciting textiles, ensuring the business meets the ever-changing demands of the market.
- Creatively contribute to design led concepts for our portfolio and with strategic customers to develop and implement new products in line with the market and the Brand; with a focus on building a leading market position.
- Support and contribute to the development of the creative vision and direction by providing the relevant expertise and insight required.
- Ensure that creativity, together with innovation and environmental sustainability remains the focus.
- Ensure all products are fit for purpose and meet the required performance specifications, environmental aspects, aesthetics and costs as the product development request details.
- Research current trends and utilise this knowledge to be inspirational in expanding the scope of the brands trend direction.
- Apply these global trends of fabric, colour, lifestyle, travel, aesthetics and technical innovations to new product developments.
- Show an understanding of the global textile market and make informed contributions that may lead to and drive the new product proposals.
- Make valuable contributions to all design/ creative meetings
- Always act as an ambassador for the business when liaising with customers/end users and suppliers, upholding the business values.
- Attend relevant industry and networking events, if required, promoting the Brand, acting as the keeper of the brands’ relevance, aesthetic and values.
- Contribute to the development of design “stories” for each range development.
- Input into brainstorms on marketing material and merchandising, focused on elevating the brand and inspiring our customers.
- To successfully design, develop and implement new products in line with business strategic expectations.
Designer (Design & Development) - The Candidate
- Relevant and proven design experience for either interior contract fabrics, developing innovative fabrics for future market needs or design of textiles for the transport sector.
- Strong technical textile design skills in surface pattern and weave.
- Strong conceptual skills to work up ideas and be energetic about presenting ideas and concepts to customers, both existing and future ones.
- The ability to work independently with passion and drive whilst demonstrating high levels of resilience and energy.
- Be a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world.
- Proven ability to demonstrate new solutions and creativity, whilst assessing its commerciality.
- Have a desire to be the best in everything you do with an ability to create a positive and inspiring culture.
- Hands on / can-do attitude.
- Ability to work and communicate with individuals at all levels and sensitive to internal pressures and corporate demands.
- Skilled at working with cross-functional teams, project management and product development, often managing multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents simultaneously and with tight deadlines for project completion.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Creative and forward thinking
- Dynamic and proactive
- Innovative and Engaging
- Honest, sincere and genuine
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team worker
- Dedicated and conscientious
- Flexible & resilient
Designer (Design & Development) - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.