Our client established their business over 150 years ago and remains a family run business. They specialise in the distribution of luxurious materials for fashion and interiors, namely curtains and soft furnishing fabrics, silk wallpapers etc.
They now have a rare opening within their design team for a highly creative Textile Designer.
Textile Designer for Interiors - The Role:
- Creating original, unique designs for a variety of applications.
- Actively researching design and colour trends.
- Collaborating with colleagues focusing on colour and design development.
- Visiting the printers to help oversee production.
- Liaising with suppliers to provide feedback on trials and developments throughout the design and production process.
- Visiting suppliers to assist in overseeing fabric and wallcovering production.
Textile Designer for Interiors - The Candidate:
- A high achieving degree in Textile Design or similar qualification.
- Proven related experience in the textile industry is essential.
- Be a dedicated, passionate and industrious designer with an aspirational taste level to meet the complexity of this role.
- Exceptional drawing and design skills with a strong knowledge and previous experience of CAD.
- Have an excellent sense of colour and a good understanding of printing and weaving techniques.
- Candidates will also need to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team, have flexibility with their work approach and demonstrate strong organisational and communication skills.
Textile Designer for Interiors - The Package:
- Competitive salary offered.
Please note, due to anticipated interest in this role, only short listed candidates will be contacted.