Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Technical Manager to join their exciting team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company delivers on its promise to have the best quality product, made by an entirely ethical supply chain that fits beautifully and exceeds their customers’ expectations.
Technical Manager - The Role:
- Manage targets and deadlines for the Garment Tech team
- Chair weekly Garment Tech meetings and report progress to the Production, Design and Buying teams.
- Review competitor brands in our market to ensure we are achieving the best possible product for fit and quality.
- Review pre-production samples to ensure they are fit for production. Work closely with Production team on any problem styles which could affect delivery.
- Check bulk fabrics, pre-prod samples and gold seal are to technical specifications and perform to care label requirements
- Plan and Budget for the seasonal QC process in house and in country.
- Assist with the seasonal QC process
- Ensure that bulk fabrics, testing and approvals are managed on time and meeting company standards.
- Oversee the inhouse QC process
- Ensure that all safety standards and policies appropriate for organic children’s wear are upheld on every product.
- Ensure full knowledge and adherence to the Global Organic Textile standard (GOTS) occurs both internally and externally.
- Undertake and create factory audit reports for all factory visits, ensure follow up is completed on time in full.
- Manage in house GOTS accreditation
- Travel to overseas suppliers to perform quality control and shipment inspections and support our “on the ground” quality teams.
- Work with the production team to plan the coordination of the “on the ground” team in India to ensure they are in the right locations to achieve the inline, end of line and focussed checks. Agree supplier reworks, checks and actions to meet the critical deadlines for shipment.
- Work with our “on the ground” team in India to review, highlight and train our suppliers in garment construction, in line with our expectations.
- Monitor consumer forums and liaise with customer services to attain good knowledge of returns and technical issues.
- Present month end returns data and corrective action plan
Technical Manager - The Candidate:
- Highly experienced Senior Garment Tech or Technical Manager with at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in managing a team preferred.
- Experience of working directly with suppliers in the Far East and Europe required.
- A background in childrenswear is essential.
- Very knowledgeable regarding technical product construction and legislation including fabrics, textile technology and clothing production processes.
- Creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
- Able to presents accurate information to the team, supply chain, directors and managers.
- Excellent and effective communicator in the spoken and written word, with the ability to build relationships at all levels both internally and externally with suppliers.
- An awareness and understanding of cultural diversity to facilitate productive communication and relationships with all contacts.
- Able to manage and motivate a small team.
- Ability to travel overseas occasionally as part of the role.
Technical Manager - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.