Our client is a luxury Brand and Retailer. They are looking for a Technical Developer to assist with all technical aspects of garments from the development and sampling stage through to production. They are ideally looking for someone with Menswear experience.
Technical Developer - The Role:
- To translate design sketches into workable technical construction notes and diagrams.
- Coordinate with the Design teams to produce the required garment for sampling and production.
- Liaise with factories to create prototypes which meet designer and factory requirements.
- Inspect and comment on sample garments produced by the factories.
- To attend prototype and sample fitting sessions with the designers and technical colleagues.
- To alter and update technical construction details as required and provide an accurate record on each style.
- To organise any re-sampling of styles where required prior to grading or production commencing.
- To liaise with factories and the pattern room; to approve the grade specifications for production.
- Maintain contact with factories throughout production and be aware of factory equipment and restrictions.
Technical Developer - The Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, able to build good working relationships.
- Proactive and technically competent, with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to stay calm when working under pressure.
- Adept planning, prioritisation and organisational skills to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Flexibility to undertake additional duties at busy times.
- Able to travel within the U.K. and internationally.
- Full, current driving licence.
Technical Developer - The Package:
- This will be dependant on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.