Our client is a global lingerie and swimwear provider. They are now seeking a talented Swimwear Designer to take ownership of their swimwear collections.
Swimwear Designer - The role:
- Design and develop technically viable, directional swimwear & co-ordinated ranges which fit the brand price points and profile
- Research product, shape, fabrics, trims and colour trends in the market
- Create and develop colour palettes and mood boards for presentation to the Sales, Marketing and Product teams.
- Create CADs to provide drawings or sketches for product concepts in line with the seasonal brief and finished artwork for presentations.
- Present product in an organised and confident manner at internal design meetings, sales conferences and product workshops.
- Develop supplier relationships in conjunction with Supply Chain team. Negotiating initial prices and sourcing exclusive raw materials, prints and trims.
- Progress and monitor selected styles through the design and development process, producing all necessary information including bills of materials, supplier information and colour standards.
- Work with garment technologists and graders through the product fit process to ensure the integrity of the design aspect and performance standards. Ensuring any changes are flagged up.
- Effectively risk assess every style with garment and fabric tech teams to ensure all styles are suitable to proceed to production, identify areas of concern or issues that may arise, and how to effectively manage those areas.
Swimwear Designer - The candidate:
- Previous experience designing beautiful, fit for purpose swimwear or intimate apparel.
- Strong design and creative skills, with an ability to translate key trends into commercial ranges and ensure these are in line with the ethos of the brand.
- Highly competent Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Team player within your own department and across the wider business.
- A confident communicator, with excellent presentation skills. Ability to present new concepts, seasonal ranges to internal teams
Swimwear Designer - The package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.