Our client is a leading outdoor clothing and equipment retailer with outlets throughout Australasia and is now the 8th biggest outdoor brand in the world. As a result of further international growth they now have an opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Manager to join their team. This role can be based in Shanghai or Hong Kong.
Supplier Quality Manager - The Role:
- Responsibility for creating a certified vendor and auditor program and roll it out in line with company strategy.
- The Supplier Quality Manager provides expert advice across the wider business relating to all quality inputs.
- Responsible for driving change and embedding continuous improvement initiatives at a supplier level.
- Develops and executes all related quality control actions inclusive of claims for upstream issues.
- Executes the clients quality strategies pertaining to quality assurance and quality control, supplier quality benchmarking.
- Manage product and supplier improvement programs.
- Development of all program documentation and training materials, metrics and scoring mechanisms (Certified factory and Inspector program)
- Serve as an internal resource regarding quality management methods and concepts
- Define risk and influence from a quality perspective at a supplier/factory level
- Work closely with Sourcing Manager, ensuring all new factories proposed meet quality requirements
- Responsible for state of play analysis, supplier communication (issue & resolution), top line issue reporting and issue closure of all quality related issues found upstream
- Work with factories to coordinate re-work as a result of failed inspections in conjunction with HO teams.
Supplier Quality Manager - The Candidate:
- To be successful in this role you must have broad hands-on Quality Assurance experience
- Previous experience of working in a factory environment, and in particular in China, is essential
- Able to travel extensively around the Far East and to New Zealand
- Must have strong experience of technical fabrics and outerwear
- Ideally able to speak Mandarin but must be fluent in English
Supplier Quality Manager - The Package:
- Competitive remuneration package DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.