Our client is a leading distribution business. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to join their Head Office based in Middlesex. With sound commercial knowledge, you’ll work in conjunction with trading & sales teams to execute a successful stock plan. This will entail recommending suitable minimum order quantities on your product portfolio, challenging the status quo of current stock parameters and thinking outside the box in resolving any existing stock problems.
Stock Planner - The Role:
- Communicating with the Buying and Sales teams to understand the pipeline of activity for product listings
- Agreeing Joint buying/ordering plans with the Category Teams to satisfy initial orders
- Replenishing stock to deliver optimum availability of Branch demand, using past demand and forward forecasts
- Managing and maintaining stock to an agreed level / cover, to satisfy working capital requirements and the reduction of stock provisions
- Working with the Category and Sales teams to maintain full availability to branches, based on A,B,C lines (Importance of Sales)
- Working with Category teams to deliver the end to end optimisation of ranged sales, to include product launches, in season trading, and range exit management.
- Liaising with the Far East Suppliers to book shipping, to agreed
- Managing domestic and Far East suppliers for Inbound Delivery performance (OTIF) of goods into the Import Centre / National Distribution Centre
- Liaising with Branches to review the availability and delivery performance of Outbound stock into Branches
Stock Planner - The Candidate:
- Experience within a Stock Planning environment & FOB importation desirable
- Computer literate
- Advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Commercially confident and literate
- Knowledge of stock management principles
Stock Planner - The Package:
- Dependent on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.