Our client is the largest privately-owned distributor in the UK of specialise sports accessories, parts and apparel. They also represent over 50 world-class brands whose products are chosen, trusted and tested by Olympic Champions, World Champions and leading athletes across each discipline of their sport whilst they also design and develop the UK's best-selling specialist apparel brand. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as an Apparel Designer. Working alongside the existing team and reporting to the Design and Development Manager you will be responsible for the creation of original and innovative designs. It would be expected a degree of international travel is required from time to time.
Sportswear Brand Designer - The Role:
Working alongside the existing team and reporting to the Design and Development Manager you will be responsible for the creation of original and innovative designs. Continuing to reflect the brand philosophy and standards, whilst ensuring the brand requirements and commercial goals are met in an effective manner.
It would be expected a degree of international travel is required from time to time.
Sportswear Brand Designer - The Candidate:
- The candidate will be extremely organised, have the ability to work under pressure and be deadline focused with a keen eye for detail.
- You will have a positive attitude and be confident in challenging situations.
- Qualifications in Design Apparel or Product Design or Development or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Apparel Design including knowledge of fabric, trims, trend and colour.
- Proficient in Illustration software.
- Photo shoot knowledge.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, working with multiple categories and seasons at the same time.
- Have the ability to interpret design briefs into innovative original product designs that will meet the design ethos and commercial goals.
- Min 2 years experience in Product Development/Design in the sportswear industry.
- Knowledge of Product Development.
- Have the ability to communicate and influence with innovation and creativity and challenging the commercial need.
- Be able to confidently build and maintain good working relationships with teams in the business.
Sportswear Brand Designer - The Package:
- Depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.