Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for a talented Senior Textile Designer for their transport team.
Senior Textile Designer (Transport) - The Role:
- Provide consistent and un-waiving support to the Head of Design & Design Manager in all areas of the design and technical development process and team management.
- Be a creative guardian of the Brands textiles.
- Leading, inspiring and delivering a strong, uncompromising creative point of view.
- Together with your line managers be accountable and responsible for the design of the collections and ranges.
- Contribute to design led concepts for our portfolio and with strategic customers to develop and implement new products in line with the market and the Brand; with a focus on building a leading market position.
- Work collaboratively with insight provided from product management to help shape and create product opportunities into tangible market leading products.
- Ensure that creativity, together with innovation and environmental sustainability remains the focus.
- Ensure all products are fit for purpose and meet the required performance specifications, environmental aspects, aesthetics and costs as the product development request details.
- Research current trends and utilise this knowledge to be inspirational in expanding the scope of the Brands trend direction.
- Apply these global trends of fabric, colour, lifestyle, travel, aesthetics and technical innovations to new product developments. Use this knowledge to defend new product opportunities and developments.
- Bring together the global trend research with customer and market end user requirements to help deliver the Companys product strategy, working in collaboration with Product Management and in line with overall business strategy.
- Show an expert understanding of the global textile market and make informed decisions to lead and drive the new product proposals working in conjunction with PM.
- Cultivate relationships with influential creatives worldwide, maintaining contact and building relationships to gather the latest information on future product requirements.
- Contribute to creative meetings and workshops with Sales, PM and key strategic customers.
- Represent and promote the business, when requested, at industry-relevant events/exhibitions/sales conferences and with customers as appropriate and act as an ambassador.
- Support and contribute on the creative styling, at the same time support Marketing in a structured and collaborative manner, on branding, exhibitions and showroom spaces, showcasing new fabrics and concepts in a truly inspirational way.
- When requested attend relevant industry and networking events,working with relevant customers promoting the Brand, acting as the keeper of the brands’ relevance, aesthetic and values.
- Input into innovative ideas and brainstorms on marketing material and merchandising, focused on elevating the brand and inspiring our customers
- Contribute to the creative vision and drive the 2-5year product strategy through the entire creative and development process to benefit the growth of the business.
- To understand fully the strengths and opportunities for improvement within the Group and assist in formulating strategies through which Product Development can help and make improvements
- To successfully design, develop and implement new products in line with published Product Development and Sales & Marketing Critical Success Factors
Senior Textile Designer (Transport) - The Candidate:
- Relevant and proven textile design experience for the transport industry - automotive, train, bus, airplane or tram.
- Outstanding technical textile design skills including surface pattern and weave.
- Strong conceptual skills to work up ideas and be energetic about presenting ideas and concepts to customers, both existing and future.
- The ability to work independently with passion and drive whilst demonstrating high levels of resilience and energy.
- A creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world.
- Proven ability to demonstrate new solutions and creativity, whilst assessing its commerciality.
- Have a desire to be the best in everything you do with an ability to create a positive and inspiring culture.
- Hands on / can-do attitude.
- Ability to work and communicate with individuals at all levels and sensitive to internal pressures and corporate demands.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams, project management and product development, often managing multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents simultaneously and with tight deadlines for project completion.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Creative and forward thinking
- Dynamic and proactive
- Innovative and Engaging
- Honest, sincere and genuine
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team worker
- Dedicated and conscientious
- Flexible & resilient
Senior Textile Designer (Transport) - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.