Our client, a leading sourcing operation, currently has an opening for a Senior Technical Manager, based in Shanghai.
Senior Technical Manager - The Role:
- Ensuring team resources are used effectively to manage the auditing, pre-production, pilots and factory assessment requirements, and also to check quality of samples at all stage during development and production stages.
- Communicating effectively with the UK technical team to update on key issues and receive direction.
- Developing industry knowledge and expertise of the region to advise UK technical teams
- Operational role accountabilities
- Help to ensure the technical structure, resources and processes are aligned to deliver the required products on time
- Support the clothing sourcing strategy by ensuring products are sourced from efficient capable and socially responsible supply chains
- Create and exploit strong industry links to deliver knowledge on quality and innovation
- To manage, coach and develop a team of technologists and technicians.
Senior Technical Manager - The Candidate:
- At least 10 years experience with a ‘blue chip' retailer and/or supplier including at least 6 years in a position managing people.
- Good knowledge of global technical complexities associated with the production and quality management of merchandise
- In depth technical knowledge and experience of both fabric and garment construction
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with buying departments in the UK
- Ability to build relationships with business partners in the region
- Cross functional and cross cultural working
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills amongst internal customers, suppliers and third party providers
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills
- Strategic awareness and planning
- Commercial awareness