Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for a Senior Product Manager.
Senior Product Manager - The Role:
Support the Creative Director in managing the in-life phase of existing products, monitoring cost price and margin fluctuations, competitor products, evolving customer needs and advances in technology that could impact the market viability of certain products.
- Analyse, input and support in the decision making and process of phasing out obsolete products and introduction of replacements.
- Examine the effects of product withdrawal on the Company's customer based and set in place a plan to communicate product retirement.
- Ensure direct reports are effectively and regularly feeding market intelligence for own catagory into the Creative Director and Product Development team.
- Drive, track and co-ordinate full critical paths for team and self for custom made developments from business case to order.
- Manage collective continuous improvement activity through effective process management, inspiring colleagues and stakeholders.
- Establish and develop relationships with key customers via the Area Business Managers in order to continually gather market intelligence.
- Represent the business in industry relevant bodies/committees/associations monitoring standards and trends in the industry.
- Lead by example, guiding and training others in the Product Management function.
- Support Creative and Sales Director to develop positioning strategies based on products USP's and market position.
- Participate in critical meetings in key strategic markets, supporting the relevant Director of Sales and Area Business Managers in improving communication and information flow.
- Deliver individual cost budgets.
- Participate in business improvement teams.
- Inform and update the Board when necessary.
Senior Product Manager - The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Project Management Qualification, PRINCE I or equivalent is essential.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience managing, coaching and developing others.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Be honest, sincere and genuine with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with passion and drive whilst demonstrating high levels of resilience and energy.
- Experience in project management and product development essential, often managing multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Excellent verbal, written and platform communication skills.
- Strongly analytical, numerical, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Highly competent in key Microsoft software, PPT and sharepoint.
- Understanding of AS400, BI, Visio and CRM is desirable.
- Drive and energy with an ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Dedicated and conscientious.
- Flexible and resilient with an ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel.
Senior Product Manager - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.