Our client is a leading on line retailer who currently have an exciting opportunity for a Snr Packaging Technologist to join their London team, working across all product areas of clothing and accessories. This role may also suit someone looking for an interim position or short term contract.
The Role: Senior Packaging Technologist
- Reports into the Head of Technology.
- Oversee the packaging and label development and approval process. Co-ordinate all new labelling and packaging developments.
- Work closely with Brand management, GTech, merchandising, procurement, customer returns teams along with external stakeholders to ensure the department meet target and time-scales.
- Drive the fashion integrity strategy through innovation in sustainable and ethical sourcing of labels /packaging.
- Set clear packaging quality specification and standards to create ease of change and cost efficiency.
- Build, communicate and engage with the wider product team, developing supplier partnership to ensure compliance and best value.
- Develop packaging supplier audit protocol.
- Work in collaboration with procurement to build relationships with suppliers to ensure continuous innovation and improvements.
- Assisting commercial teams to deliver business/brand strategy to be at the leading edge of innovation, sustainability, customer brand perception whilst delivering margin gains.
- Keep up to date with industry innovations, networking internally and externally to identify opportunities.
- Analyse reoccurring quality issues and put corrective action plans, workable timeframes in place ensuring the loop is closed.
- Build communicate and engage with the wider product team both internally and externally.
- Support and train relevant teams to understand packaging and labelling requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with UK/EU and International Packaging and Labelling legislation across quality, ethical, environmental and legal.
- Play instrumental role in price negations and consolidation process.
The Candidate: Senior Packaging Technologist
- Ideally a certificate in packaging & labelling - level 3 or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge of packaging and labelling, compliance & legislation for UK/EU & International.
- Great communication skills.
- Good appreciation of design innovation.
- IT skills.
- A "can-do" approach and flexible to changing environment.
- Excellent time management
- Critical path, project, change management.
- Influencer and ability to build good relationships.
- Self motivator.
The Package: Senior Packaging Technologist
Generous salary and pension matching.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.