Our client is a leading European manufacturer and supplier of protective workwear, high visibility and rainwear apparel. They are now looking to recruit a Senior Garment Technologist for their design centre in Manchester. The ideal candidate will relish working in a busy environment and will have strong project management skills and be capable of training and motivating a team. Must be versatile, industrious and innovative.
Senior Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Monitor and improve the quality of the product through fit and construction
- Problem solve in a busy customer focused environment
- Be proactive on developing and implementing new processes where required
- Make relevant and commercial suggestions to improve fit and reduce production cost
- Recognise and adapt to new trends
- Train more junior staff on fitting & construction
Senior Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Solid experience in garment construction - experience in workwear or performance sportswear an advantage
- Experience in pattern making and cutting, management, creation and maintenance of block pattern system
- Knowledge of new 3D pattern and sample making technologies an advantage
- A strong understanding of factory manufacturing
- Superb organisational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of proficiency required in Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel and an ability to learn in house software programmes quickly
Senior Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary plus benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.