Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Senior Garment Technologist to join their exciting team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company delivers on its promise to have the best quality product, made by an entirely ethical supply chain that fits beautifully and exceeds their customers’ expectations.
Senior Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Prepare and deliver accurate and comprehensive tech packs each season turning design vision into quality product with consistent fit.
- Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure products are fit for production and factories have all comments
- Ensure appropriate testing is carried out on new products/trims/fabrics so they are fit for the market they are entering.
- Manage label and packaging process to ensure all are compliant with necessary regulations.
- Work to the company critical path to ensure deadlines are met accordingly.
- Ensure that accurate and up to date information is completed on the seasonal progress chart.
- Carry out wearer trials on new product developments to ensure they perform correctly and meet quality standards.
- Perform full risk assessments of quality and production issues on every product prior to production, to be handed over to Production team.
- Review pre-production samples to ensure they are fit for production.
- Check bulk fabrics, pre-prod samples and gold seal are to technical specifications and perform to care label requirements
- Assist with the seasonal QC process, working alongside the India Production Team to ensure all products meet quality and ethical standards.
- Ensure that all safety standards and policies appropriate for organic children’s wear are upheld on every product.
- Ensure full knowledge and adherence to the Global Organic Textile standard (GOTS) occurs both internally and externally.
- Manage in house GOTS accreditation
- Monitor consumer forums and liaise with customer services to attain good knowledge of returns and technical issues.
Senior Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Highly experienced Garment Technologist with at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A background in childrenswear would be highly desirable.
- Very knowledgeable regarding technical product construction and legislation within the categories including fabrics, textile technology and clothing production processes.
- Excellent attention to detail at all times.
- An awareness and understanding of cultural diversity to facilitate productive communication and relationships with all contacts.
- Able to manage and motivate a small team.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills to ensure company deadlines are prioritised, monitored and met.
- Ability to travel overseas occasionally as part of the role.
Senior Garment Technologist - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.