Our client is a design driven supplier of jerseywear, outerwear and knitwear to the UK's leading High Street retailers. They are looking for a Senior Fabric Technologist to join their London based team. This a pivotal role within the business and offers someone a very exciting career opportunity.
Senior Fabric Technologist - The Role:
- Reports into the Head of Technical and Company Directors.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the retail customers, always communicating and delivering on expected standards.
- Work very closely with the design teams and stakeholders to both develop and source fabrics and manage risk for the business.
- Be heavily involved in the design development process with design to assess, contribute and influence the fabric selections and developments to ensure the business is not exposed to unnecessary risk, for a fabric technical point of view.
- Liaise and communicate with all members of the team including design and merchandising.
- Ensure clear communication with the fabric suppliers and continuous updates so developments and bulk fabrics are produced to standard and critical dates.
- Visit fabric mills and garment manufacturers as and when required.
Senior Fabric Technologist - The Candidate:
- You must have a minimum of 6 years relevant industry experience working with jersey and outerwear woven fabrics - cut and sew and woven outerwear fabrics, yarn/knitwear experience would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Strong communicating skills are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to travel as and when required.
- Driven and ambitious to succeed and excel.
- Having worked in an Off Shore factory for an extended period of time would be a distinct advantage.
Senior Fabric Technologist - The Package:
- Highly competitive package reflective of this senior position.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.