Our client is a leading supplier within the hosiery, underwear and loungewear markets. They are currently recruiting a Senior Designer to join their team in Nottingham working across men’s and women’s branded product for the UK High Street. You will be extremely creative and trend driven, but also able to translate trends into commercial product. You will have an extensive knowledge of Underwear, Nightwear, Loungewear and/or Socks.
Senior Designer - The Role:
- Responsible for the growth of the brands, understanding the cost and production constraints.
- You will identify and translate trends into viable commercial styles
- Research and develop fabrics, yarns, shapes and packaging, in line with trends and competitor offers
- Have an excellent technical knowledge to produce detailed tech packs and brief suppliers confidently
- Mange the development process from concept to production
- Produce CAD artworks and presentation boards
- Have a strong business acumen and be instrumental in driving key accounts
- Manage the critical path and keep to key dates
- Work closely with technical, sales and merchandising teams, to ensure business needs are met.
Senior Designer - The Candidate:
- You will be creative and trend driven with a good eye for colour, print and yarn
- You will have a commercial eye which complements your trend awareness
- Computer literate with strong CAD skills
- You will have a proven background in similar product areas
- You will be a team player and able to build relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Senior Designer - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.