Our client is a design driven, leading supplier of fashion jerseywear to the UK's leading fashion high st retailers. They are looking for a talented senior jerseywear designer to join their London based team.
Senior Jersey Designer - The Role:
- Develop commercial jersey clothing ranges to enhance new business opportunities and maintain existing business.
- Working across multi product ladies jersey for a key leading fast fashion high st store.
- Review & challenge briefs from customers & commercial teams.
- Create in-depth tech packs and specifications of all designs that are to be samples.
- Liaising with customers to maintain & develop relationships.
- Carryout relevant trend research, present to senior members of the team and retail buyers.
- International travel will be required for design inspiration/buyers meetings and factory visits.
Senior Jersey Designer - The Candidate:
- High level of Adobe CAD skills - interest in 3D CAD design would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Fully MAC literate including Microsoft Office.
- Must have relevant design qualifications & also minimum of three - four years experience, with supplier experience.
- Must have a good creative, yet commercial eye.
- Excellent technical knowledge of casual jersey garments, including fashion tops, bottoms, dresses, sweat and active.
- High level of confidence in verbal presentation that will instigate new sales and install trust with the buyers.
- Experience of creating innovative & commercial products for the High Street.
- Previous experience designing jersey ladieswear product.
- Must be innovative and able to problem solve, be adaptable as well as work in a fast paced and pressured environment.
- Able to work as part of team as well as showing own initiative.
- Good understanding of business strategy and its needs.
Senior Jersey Designer - The Package:
- Competitive salary.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.