Our client specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment. Their experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world. They have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Designer to join their team.
Senior Designer - The Role:
- To take a leading role in the Apparel team in designing innovative, functional, attractive and commercial products.
- To be fully engaged in the complete design process, from origination of design concepts and briefs, including working on given briefs, to support of all range planning activities, through prototyping to salesman samples and review.
- To update a wide knowledge of and conduct targeted research into the market and usage via media, trade shows, retail visits, own wear and athlete liaison.
- To use extensive and detailed knowledge of performance fabrics and technologies to contribute to materials innovation and selection.
- To produce product specifications in the detail required to realise the garment successfully and within cost, working closely with the Technical department.
- To liaise with and visit factories to ensure accuracy of sampling, commerciality, best quality and fitness for purpose.
Senior Designer - The Candidate:
- Excellent creative flair, commercial acumen and sound judgement.
- Versatility to work on a broad range of product categories.
- A passion for the outdoors and a wide, continually updating knowledge of outdoor clothing and equipment in the market.
- Sophisticated aesthetic skills in colour, trim and fabric selection.
- Detailed understanding of fit requirements and garment construction.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of performance fabrics and technologies.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines.
- Deep involvement in the performance outdoor clothing market and experience in a similar position with relevant brand(s).
- Previous experience of liaising with and visiting factories in Asia.
- Familiar with and willing to broaden knowledge of the different design requirements of international markets.
- Experience using Excel, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Relevant Design qualification(s).
Senior Designer - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.