Our client is a successful multi-channel retailer, who produces world class women's activewear. They are currently experiencing an exciting growth phase and are now looking to recruit a Senior Activewear Designer for their team. Culturally, they pride themselves on being an open, transparent company. They encourage teams and individuals to take full ownership and drive initiatives in a fully empowered environment. They embrace experimentation and risk taking and a constant drive to build something new which can help to deliver better outcomes for their customers.
Activewear Designer - The Role:
- Design and build a cohesive collection of functional, beautiful styles
- Research, ideate, sketch and create mood and fabric boards to support your styles
- Communicate design vision through technical and detailed sketches
- Prepare and effectively present design concepts that communicate seasonal direction to design leadership and cross functional partners
- Responsible for fitting styles in order to accurately communicate your design intent
- Responsible for ensuring all styles deliver standards of quality, beauty and function
- Collaborate with Product Development, Raw Materials teams on the testing of products and fabrics by athletes and ensure results are incorporated into design concepts
- Responsible for understanding the impact of your decisions on timelines and margins
- Coach, develop and mentor Junior Designers and Design Assistants
Activewear Designer - The Candidate:
- Minimum 4 years industry experience in Activewear Designing.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, patterns, sewing techniques and technology applications.
- Passion for leading the team in the design and development of product, ensuring commercial viability with the Product Developer, Raw Materials Developer, Merchant and Sourcing Manager
- Expert use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Past experience communicating with factories
Activewear Designer - The Package:
- Competitive salary plus benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.