Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an opportunity for a Regional Technical Manager to join their office in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the General Manager you will manage the garment manufacturing base and the QA team. Leading a team to provide technical advice and support to both Development Technicians, QC team, merchandising teams and factories. Responsible for managing Fitting, Sampling and the Production quality of China Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam.
Regional Technical Manager - The Role:
- Be the first point of call for the UK customer for Quality and be able to diffuse challenges proactively.
- Ensure that new directives on Safety and Quality are acknowledged and implemented
- Manage, monitor the workloads and schedule with the Development Technicians and QC to conduct pre-production meeting for all new styles prior to production
- Ensure the factory’s production Sample room technicians are well trained and fully understand the requirements in sampling and production stages
- Ensure factories have all information they need to make and correct pre-production samples and are ready to start production
- Closely monitor and ensure follow-up training will be given to the QC team and they fully understand the customer’s product, safety requirements, fabric performance, sampling and production procedures, quality and safety standard on STS and Returns
- Analyse and review approved and rejected comment(s) for all sample stages and take appropriate action to ensure rectification before bulk production
- Monitor the QC team taking in-line inspection for every style, trouble shooting and prevent major issues happening in final inspection. Address any potential problems from factories and fix them immediately
- Identify key areas of concern by customer, team, order, merchandiser, supplier product quality and take necessary action to correct.
- Regular meetings with Merchandising teams, Senior QA team and Fabric Manager to review and evaluate the production status covering shipment delay and highlight the problems and set action plan for improvement
- Assess effectiveness of garment pre-production meetings on an on-going basis to identify needs of training
- Constantly review their quality standards / AQL performance and action improvements in a planned and strategic way
- Attend weekly progress meetings and see weekly shipping schedules. Identifying your priority, the teams priority and allocate the workload accordingly. Including PP meetings, pilot runs, in-lines, finals inspections.
- Manage and develop the development and production technicians
- Support offshore Technical Manager & local Teams, as well as Offshore QCC centres
- Strategically plan DT & PT team structures to support the business needs and requirements.
Regional Technical Manager - The Candidate:
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to establish strong relationships with the UK Technicians, the Merchandising and Development teams
- Have previous experience of working with the UK Fashion Market
- Experience of managing a team and working with teams overseas, QC's in particular, and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Sound knowledge in garment construction and technical solution
- Previous experience in garment buying or sourcing company
- Be based in Hong Kong with constant travel to oversee all factories and facilities and to support the local teams
Regional Technical Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary plus benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.