Our client is a leading manufacturer of lingerie brands and swimwear. The now have an exciting opportunity for a Raw Materials Technologist, covering lingerie and swim to join their team, in the south Midlands.
The Role: Raw Materials Technologist
- Carry out technical assessment of all proposed materials.
- Identify and resolve potential problems in end use.
- Ensure all materials meet the necessary testing criteria.
- Source and complete the development process on all new materials.
- Understand the colour process, assess and communicate colour comments to dyers.
- Carry out the compliance management of the supply base to Oeko- tex and other certifications as necessary.
- Establish specification and technical standards , approved and available for business use.
- Work closely and form good relationships with the designers and suppliers to facilitate accurate transfer of information.
- Liaise with internal departments to manage and improve processes.
The Candidate: Raw Materials Technologist
- The successful candidate will have a worked in a very similar role, ideally with experience in either the lingerie and swim sector or both.
- Strong knowledge/experience of fabric and trim assessment and approval process.
- Colour assessment accuracy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Accurate and process driven.
- Good communicator both verbal and written.
- Good computer skills and efficiency with MS Office package.
- Competent level of skills in Maths and English.
The Package: Raw Materials Technologist
- Competitive package reflective of position and dependant on experience.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.