Our client has over a century’s experience in the dyeing and finishing of textiles. For the last 25 years they have specialised in the production of workwear fabrics and is an acknowledged leader in the field. Due to an increase in business they now have an opportunity for a Raw Materials Technologist (Wovens) to join their Lancashire based team.
Raw Materials Technologist - The Role:
- Initially the role will involve assessing and benchmarking the business's current status in the management of their raw materials, putting new systems in place to make improvements and in-line with the overall business strategy.
- Once this has been achieved the role will then expand to include global travel to suppliers and trade fairs, driving quality, values and building relationships.
- Develop systems to monitor and report on fabric performance and quality, not only from a finished fabric aspect but performance through the various processes applied to the fabrics - both in-house and by their customers.
- Be able to modify and also develop woven products at raw material stage to give optimum value, quality and performance.
- To advise the buying department on whether best values are being achieved.
- Develop detailed specifications with the suppliers to eliminate room for error, ensuring clear understanding on both sides.
- Negotiate and resolve quality related issues with the supply base.
- Drive quality standards and a continuous improvement agenda.
Raw Materials Technologist - The Candidate:
- Qualification in Textile Technology, preferably to degree standard but not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years experience directly related to spinning and weaving.
- Must have a commercial and total value awareness.
- Be continuously aware of new developments within the market across both fibres and materials.
- Experience of specification writing/development.
- Have the ability to establish good working relationships.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Must be able to travel offshore.
Raw Materials Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.