Our client has a long history as a fully vertical woollen mills and turn raw wool into beautiful product for apparel, accessories and furnishing industry, supplying global markets. Their enviable sales growth over recent years has been supported by significant investment in personnel and equipment and are now in the position to be recruiting for a talented, experienced and forward thinking Quality Manager to further improve its quality systems in its drive for continuous improvement.
Quality Manager - The Role:
- To quickly gain an understanding of the manufacturing and operational processes within the business.
- Lead the development and creation of a working Quality improvement strategy.
- With departmental managers develop a documented standard operating procedure.
- Maintain a robust quality control procedure for all materials to ensure the highest quality standards are consistently met, including executing technical approvals and validation of fabric or yarn.
- To implement a closed-loop system for auditing operating procedures against SOP documents.
- Following any quality issues review these procedures and take appropriate follow up action to try and make further improvements to eliminate further quality issues.
- Lead and support teams in the implementation of permanent corrective actions to quality issues.
- Gather and share meaningful quality information as part of a monthly report to Directors and the management team
- Manage the laboratory and team ensuring it is run efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring testing schedules are met and logged
- Take the lead in maintaining UKAS and customer accreditations and audit systems.
- Manage and hold responsibility for the Company’s REACH compliance structure.
- Maintain and improve the company yarn specification library.
- Deal with suppliers, customers and third parties with confidence, in a timely manner and provide accurate information on matters of quality.
- Manage non-conforming material reports for internal and external parties, ensuring the best outcome. Inform relevant parties and ensure appropriate action is taken and validated.
- Lead the Quality Meeting to drive continuous improvement within the business.
- Lead cross functional project teams to investigate the root cause of non-conformances, identify and ensure implementation of corrective and preventative actions to identify and ensure implementation of corrective and preventative actions to continuously improve quality. Monitoring the effectiveness of these actions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the company quality assurance system.
- Hold responsibility for the Company’s Internal Quality Reporting system.
- Support managers / supervisors and shop floor staff and provide technical support where necessary.
- Collect and present data on Non-Conformances to identify where improvements are necessary.
Quality Manager - The Candidate:
- Textile experience in a Quality Assurance Role - preferably with Woollen woven fabric experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Mentally tough and resilient with the confidence to hold his or her own position when necessary.
- Confident and assertive when dealing with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Friendly calm and professional manner
- Technical knowledge of production techniques and testing standards within the fabric manufacturing industry.
- A good team player.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in Quality Assurance activities and in ensuring technical compliance.
- Experience in Project Management of technical and process improvements.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 or similar quality system.
- Proven ability to implement changes within a manufacturing environment.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and apply urgency as needed.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Leader, highly effective influencer and motivator
- Numerate and proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Quality Manager - The Package:
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.