Our client is a privately owned business with two successful womenswear brands, selling direct to a loyal and growing customer base in the UK, US and Europe. Product Development and Quality Control are key components to the success of their fashion collections, and they are now seeking an experienced QC to join their team in the Midlands.
Quality Controller - The Role:
- Reporting to the Product Development & QC Manager the role involves dealing with the fashion quality control process and checking garments for quality, colour and size.
- Preparing fit samples by measuring and checking style details agree with requests from designers;
- Preparing sealing samples for fitting by QC Manager;
- Responsible for documenting the arrival and sign off of all fit, sealing and photo samples
- Checking sample and bulk stock agrees in all respects to shipment/sealing samples and paperwork is passed through to relevant department;
- Reporting any quality issues on pre bulk/bulk to QC Manager;
- Commenting/approving wash care/product label details submitted by suppliers and carrying out wearer trials
- Filing bulk swatches/trims once approved by Product Development team;
- Pulling from stock any garments/swatches requested for colour matching in catalogues;
- Picking and packing customer orders when required
Quality Controller - The Candidate:
- Previous experience of working within a dress making/fashion environment
- Understanding of how garments are made, measuring points, seam types, etc
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communicator with an understanding of the importance of reporting potential issues early
- Able to work with quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Can be either full or part time
Quality Controller - The Package:
- Competitive DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.