Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retailers, based in Yorkshire. After continued steady growth they have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Technical Expert. The candidate must enthusiastic and keen to help drive this expanding business forward.
Quality Assurance Technical Expert - The Role:
- Effective day to day management of the QA Engineer. Manage, motivate, coach and develop the Quality Assurance Team to enable it to succeed in all its aspects.
- Provide training and technical support to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Improve the Quality culture within the business to develop customer focused right first-time approach to quality, with every employee committed to customer satisfaction.
- Management of customer complaints, ensure robust reporting system is in place that drives continuous improvement - review and challenge measures to raise standards and ensure robust feedback processes are in place, escalating risks and/or concerns to ensure swift corrective action is implemented.
- Implement a continuous improvement programme that aligns with the requirements of the business.
- Supporting in the development and maintenance of control plans that enable efficient process control whilst capturing relevant data to ensure compliance.
- Maintain product compliance at the highest standard by regular auditing internal and external processes to ensure repeatable and reproducible.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the company governance strategy in relation to non-conformance and quality assurance.
- Lead project teams to investigate root cause(s) of non-conformance, identity and ensure implementation of corrective/preventative actions to continuously improve quality.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance procedure for raw materials working with Supply Chain to audit incoming materials against company and supplier specifications.
Quality Assurance Technical Expert - The Candidate:
- Degree in Textile Technology or appropriate equivalent.
- Experience in business process analysis, improvement tools and re-engineering is desirable.
- Outstanding textiles technical knowledge.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Confident and assertive when dealing with internal and external suppliers/customers
- Ability to effectively carry out problem analysis and problem solve.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and apply urgency as needed.
- Friendly, calm and professional.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Full, clean driving licence as some driving is required for this role
Quality Assurance Technical Expert - The Package:
- Competitive salary offered.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.