Our client is one of the leading suppliers of soft furnishing products across the UK and Europe. Supplying decorative curtain fabrics, upholstery fabrics and linings to the domestic and contract markets. They have an excellent opportunity for a Demand Planner to join their team.
Demand Planner - The Role:
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager
- Forecasting and stock management for a portfolio of products / suppliers
- Scheduling orders with suppliers and issuing regular call-offs
- Maximise availability of stock to meet demand
- Minimise stock risk and clear stock at the end of a style’s lifecycle
- Ensuring monthly budget spend is adhered to in all currencies
- Help to manage the product development process, chasing samples and test reports and monitoring critical path
- Calculating landed prices and notifying relevant departments of any price changes
- Managing container deliveries in line with warehouse capacity
- Price negotiations as required
- Manage and resolve quality issues
- Assist in reviewing and developing existing systems, document and change/improve accordingly
- Ensuring packing specifications are set-up and issued to suppliers
- Reporting out of stocks and current supplier issues, Product Development status updates and slow moving/excess/obsolete stocks
Demand Planner - The Candidate:
- Able to develop relationships with suppliers
- Possess a smart appearance and professional approach to the job
- Excellent I.T skills with particular emphasis on Excel. Ideally experience of the Reflex system
- Having previous experience with Textiles would be an advantage.
- Have previous procurement experience
- Clear communicator both orally and written
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and manage a number of priorities effectively
- Happy to travel if so required
Demand Planner - The Package:
- Negotiable salary DOE
- Company Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.