Our client is a leading silk weaving and accessories manufacturer. They are renowned for exceptional quality and excellent service and are a dynamic, forward looking business. Throughout their illustrious history they have remained committed to the craftsmanship and attention to detail that have been the hallmarks of the company. They are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager with outstanding technical skills to joined their talented team.
Production Manager - The Role:
- Be the first point of contact for all production issues.
- Manage pre-weaving department and maintenance.
- Check dyehouse output per day.
- Plan and coordinate dyeing requirements.
- Maintain shade continuity cards.
- Source cost and order dyestuffs and chemicals.
- Plan finishing as per customer demands.
- Organise maintenance and cleaning for machines.
- Run ETI and SMETA audits in conjunction with other Managers.
- Pass colours on loom/decisions on cloth quality.
- Investigate weaving faults and complete fault sheets
- Identify and buys such year as required.
- Test incoming yarns for quality.
- Source new undyed yarns as required.
Production Manager - The Candidate:
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Must be a subject matter expert when it comes to textile technology.
- Motivated, driven able to lead and develop teams.
- A passion for textiles and best practice.
- Driven by career progression.
Production Manager - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.