Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivery great value women’s fashion, menswear and children’s clothing. They are looking for a Product Technologist to work predominately across ladieswear.
Product Technologist - The Role:
- In collaboration with buyers and designers, based on concepts, design briefs, bought samples and corporate standards, deliver on time, clear, concise line level product specifications that define technical, legal, safety and manufacturing requirements to ensure that product is fit for purpose and exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensure that suppliers are adequately briefed so that they can produce right first time development and pre-production samples which meet all manufacturing, performance and fit requirements
- Review submitted development and pre-production samples against original product specification and agree/confirm/sign off manufacturing, performance and fit requirements, as the standard against which bulk production will be measured.
- Act as a technical ‘centre of excellence’, keeping up to date with technical developments, communicating these to colleagues and providing technical advice and information so that technical innovations can be taken into account during product design and development
- Through technical research, interpretation of market information and quality benchmarking with recognised competitive set, contribute to product improvements by building initiatives that meet business strategy and customer requirements.
- Ensure consistent corporate product sizing is achieved within individual department; work closely with Technical Managers and Technologists in other departments to achieve consistency across the whole product offer.
- Proactively participate with trading colleagues in the selection process to ensure the company meets it’s business objectives
- In collaboration with the buyer and merchandiser manage the agreed critical path so that contracted delivery dates are achieved.
- Technically audit and sign off proposed manufacturing units against corporate requirements, making recommendations/corrective action plans as appropriate to ensure suitability for production.
- Provide returns estimating for online and manage in season returns using reports and systems provided. Resolve all issues and advise product teams and supply base accordingly.
- Deputise for the Technical Manager as required, exercising agreed levels of authority.
- Ensure that any litigation against the company can be defended.
Product Technologist - The Candidate:
- Candidates for the role must have a passion for fashion and product innovation.
- They need to have a strong technical knowledge, understanding of fabric and product construction and be a problem solver who is flexible adaptable and resilient.
- The successful candidate will be working closely with all other areas of the business, mainly focused on design & buying, and will be responsible for ensuring the balance between creative and commercial are met to meet all business and customer needs.
- The position offers an opportunity to make an impact by defining & building quality product standards, an understanding of product legislation, working closely with suppliers, design and buying to jointly develop and approve through the fit and sealing processes.
- You will have the ability to manage, develop and strengthen key suppliers and supply chain partners, with communication skills that aspire relationships, negotiation & collaboration.
Product Technologist - The package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.