Our client is a leading European manufacturer and supplier of protective workwear, high visibility and rainwear apparel. They are now looking to recruit a Product Manager for their design centre in Manchester.
Product Manager - The Role:
- Create conceptual mood boards, colour sketches and drawings of product designs.
- Calculate costs of new products.
- Manage the creation of proto-type samples.
- Present ideas and products to senior management and sales representatives.
- Create detailed technical measurement and construction specifications.
- Partner with team members in China to create accurate samples and bulk production.
- Inspect and fit pre-production and production samples to make sure all products are made correctly within production deadlines.
- Communicate with overseas suppliers to identify and solve problems before they impact on production.
- Communicate with sales representatives and customers on technical questions related to products.
- Attend trade fairs, educational seminars and courses.
Product Manager - The Candidate:
- A passion for products, new design and good ideas.
- Experience in technical products and innovations (outdoor, sportswear or workwear)
- Strong technical understanding
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with deadlines and attention to detail at all times
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Knowledge of design software packages an advantage but not essential.
Product Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary plus benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.