Our Client is a family-run business manufacturing knitwear in Europe, Turkey and the Far East. Reporting into the Technical Manager, a Product Developer or technologist is required to work cross functionally with their internal/external teams.
Product Developer - The Role:
- Ensure the product is developed in line with costs from concept through to production on time and to the correct quality standards.
- Work closely with factories on all new processes for orders.
- Manage approval of new developments.
- Action and chase samples in line with customer sign offs.
- Lead all initial buying sample fit development.
- Co-ordinate tech pack information with design team.
- Research current, up-coming and forecasted fabric finishes, wash processes and print techniques.
- Attend fit and pre production meetings.
Product Developer - The Candidate:
- Fashion/technical degree
- Must have worked in a similar role for 2 years
- Previous knitwear technology experience would be desirable but not essential
- Confident and clear communication skills; both verbal and written to work productively alongside our product teams and our manufacturers
- Common sense and a hands-on approach
- Driving licence and own transport essential as office is in rural location
Product Developer - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.