Our client is a family run business who are a market leader in the angling and carp fishing sector. They have 3 distinct brands which offer 'good, better and best' ranges of products and they have enjoyed significant growth over the last 5 years, with apparel being their fastest growing product area. They are now seeking a talented Product Developer to join their friendly team who can help to deliver continued growth over the next 5 years and beyond.
Product Developer - The Role:
- You will be responsible for 3 apparel ranges in designing and developing innovative, functional, attractive and commercial products.
- To be fully engaged in the complete design process, from origination of design concepts and briefs, including working on given briefs, to support of all range planning activities.
- To produce product specifications in the detail required to realise the garment successfully and within cost.
- To liaise with and visit factories to ensure accuracy of sampling, commerciality, best quality and fitness for purpose.
- To use knowledge of fabrics and technologies to contribute to materials innovation and selection.
- To manage the fit and grading of all garments.
- To manage the critical path process through development and production.
Product Developer - The Candidate:
Deep involvement in the performance outdoor clothing market and experience in a similar position with relevant brand(s).
- Previous experience of liaising with and visiting factories in Asia.
- Experience using Excel, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Excellent creative flair, commercial acumen and sound judgement.
- Versatility to work on a broad range of product categories.
- A passion for the outdoors and a wide, continually updating knowledge of outdoor clothing and equipment in the market.
- Sophisticated aesthetic skills in trim and fabric selection.
- Detailed understanding of fit requirements and garment construction, pack construction and production.
- Knowledge and experience of performance fabrics and technologies.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines.
- The ability to self start and work independently
- This role could be either full or part time.
Product Developer - The Package:
- Very competitive DOE
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.