Our client is a menswear brand specialising in outerwear and military inspired fashion who are seeing rapid brand growth. As a result they are now looking to recruit a strong Product Developer who is experienced in process and garment construction, ideally within outerwear or workwear as well as general woven menswear.
This role is based in the Exeter area.
Product Developer - The Role:
- Working closely with the lead designer, pattern cutter and machinists on all areas of the product development process.
- Oversee the production of samples through to production directing processes and product detail.
- Be responsible for samples and production to be of a high standard and in line with critical dates.
- Liaise with customers as and when required and build strong relationships, working with their requirements to achieve the desired end result.
- Work with the manufacturing factories as and when required.
- Measure garments against specification.
Product Developer - The Candidate:
- The candidate will be experienced within a similar product area and similar role.
- The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of stitch, garment construction and woven fabrics.
- A knowledge of menswear garments is essential and knowledge of outerwear and jackets would be a distinct advantage.
- The ideal candidate must have good communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Have a strong understanding of all stages of garment production processes and machinery would be ideal.
Product Developer - The Package:
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.