PART TIME POSITION 3 TO 4 DAYS PER WEEK.
Our client is a very well established, privately owned supplier of accessories for mens, ladies and children's. They work with leading High St retailers and now have an exciting opportunity for a Garment Technologist / Product Technologist to join their Soft Accessories Team, based in Bedfordshire
Part Time Garment/Product Technologist - The Role:
- Manage all technical elements across soft accessory product, mens and ladies.
- Manage the testing process, request and approve all products for production - quality, safety & composition tests - working with the merchandising team to meet timescales for shipment.
- Liaise with customer technologists to amend/approve products to achieve required standards.
- Ensure all approval samples are filed in an organised manner.
- Approve product samples with customers and factories.
- Complete the required information on customers' on-line systems. Maintain contract seals & paperwork from factory and submit to customers
- Work with QA team in the Far East and UK teams to ensure all our factories meet and maintain customer standards.
- Work with factories to improve weak areas.
- Work alongside designers and product developers to introduce new products/factories/technical developments to met critical path deadlines.
- Ensure products supplied meet all requirements of legislation and quality specification;schedules/timescales met.
- Good working relationship with relevant customer contacts;product approval process runs smoothly.
- Contract seals submitted to customer in timely manner with all paperwork complete and records accessible
- Manage relevant aspects of the critical path and maintain all administrative systems.
Part Time Garment/Product Technologist - The Candidate:
- Graduate in Textile Technology or equivalent qualifications.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years industrial experience gained in the manufacturing or retailing experience having been directly involved in fabric technology.
- Strong communicator.
- Prepared to travel to the Far East/Europe if required.
- A positive and motivated attitude.
Part Time Garment/Product Technologist - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.