Our client are manufactures of a wide range of equipment. They have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to help lead and manage across production, quality, procurement, H&S, and operational budgets.
Operations Manager - The Role:
- Lead and Manage Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement/Supply Chain
- Responsible to the Manufacturing: Production Capacity, Efficiency/Productivity and Cost to meet Service to Customers target; it requires Process Engineering (manufacturing/industrial) and Product Engineering.
- Responsible to Quality: Quality of materials (inbound), set for policy, measurements & KPI, actions management; Quality of Production (process) and support to Customer Care (claims from the market/customer), set for measurements & KPI.
- Responsible to Procurement/Supply Chain: analysis and management of materials supply chain, define policy and manage/implement KPIs and actions to improve.
- Responsible to HE&S and Facility, Operations area.
- Responsible to Operations Budget: Direct Cost (Labour and Materials), Indirect Costs, CAPEX
- Contribute proactively to the launch of new products, contributing to the design choices of effective solutions from the point of view of cost and process; teamwork to Product Marketing and R&D is mandatory.
- Business reporting: in charge to Operations KPIs and business control, as well as action plan to meet targets; report to management is required
- Working with managers and colleagues to implement the company's policies and goals;
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are implemented;
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee health & safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
Operations Manager - The Candidate:
- Preferable education graduated Engineer. Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or technical field.
- Experience as Process/Product Engineering and LEAN Manufacturing (2 to 4 years) in a high efficient production environment; valuable if six sigma – green belt certification.
- Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing of finish goods; preferred background in textile industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years in managing a direct team in Manufacturing Operations.
- Proven capabilities in lead and develop people, communication and engagement skills. Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and decision skills
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Possess a “hands-on/lead-by-example leadership style with the energy to continually deliver results
- Robust analysis capabilities, ERP/BI experience and smart in Office Tools (es MS Excel, Word).
Operations Manager - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.