Our client is one of the leading suppliers of soft furnishing products across the UK and Europe. Supplying decorative curtain fabrics, upholstery fabrics and linings to the domestic and contract markets. They have an excellent opportunity for a Merchandiser to join their team.
Merchandiser - The Role:
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager you will be the key point of contact for your customers
- Responsible for the forecasting and stock management of a profile of products and suppliers to ensure customer demand can be met working within company budgets and stock targets.
- Managing quality issues with suppliers and re-acting to customer demand accordingly.
- Forecasting and stock management for a portfolio of products / suppliers
- Scheduling orders with suppliers and communicating these with suppliers and customers
- Reviewing slow moving/excess/obsolete stock and identify options for clearance/re-ticketing
- Managing promotional stocks of products to ensure they fit with sales plans
- Placing bulk orders with suppliers and issuing regular call-offs
- Management of stock take process with external suppliers
- Managing and monitoring the movement of stocks between suppliers and ensure sufficient stocks are available to meet forecast demands
- Ensuring monthly budget spend is adhered to in all currencies
- Ensuring all data is collated to enable products to be set up on Mertex
- Monitoring critical path to ensure deadlines are met
- Calculation of landed prices and notifying relevant departments of any price changes
- Import Duty/Freight calculations and managing container deliveries in line with warehouse capacity
- Building relationships with suppliers and customers, price negotiations as required, manage and resolve quality issues
- Assisting in reviewing and developing existing systems, document and change/improve accordingly
- Raising Purchase Orders and debit notes as required
- Liaising with Group Fabric Technologist on Product Specifications, Bulk submit/lab dip approvals, Testing requirements
- Liaising with suppliers and customers regarding quality issues and claims until resolved
- Ensuring packing specifications are set-up and issued to suppliers
Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- Poses a smart appearance and professional approach to the job
- Excellent I.T skills with particular emphasis on excel. Ideally experience of the Reflex system
- Having previous experience with Textiles or dealing with UK High Street retailers
- Have previous procurement experience
- Clear communicator both orally and written
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and manage a number of priorities effectively
- Happy to travel if so required
Merchandiser - The Package:
- Negotiable salary DOE
- Company Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
- 25 Days Annual Leave
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.