Our Client have supplied fashion knitwear to the best UK and European brands and retailers for 40 years. They operate from a unique, state of the art design and sampling facility in South Leicestershire using the latest Stoll knitting machines to produce 100 original designs every month. They are looking for an experience knitwear Designer to design for their high street customers.
Knitwear Designer - The Role:
- Through anticipation of market trends, develop creative and commercial products that demonstrate that they are at the forefront of product development and innovation.
- Execute and professionally compile comprehensive market research, including both comparative and trend/directional reports, in order to maximise all product opportunities
- Ensure the timely and accurate input of information to enable costing to be completed and engineered to meet departmental business requirements.
- In conjunction with the design team, ensure all concept garments are fit for purpose, suitable for manufacture and maximise all product opportunities.
- Present ranges to the customer and internally as required in a creative and informative manner.
- Work closely with the technical team to guide and direct.
Knitwear Designer - The Candidate:
- A high level communicator with internal teams, retail clients and off shore factories.
- CAD literate
- Methodical with great attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of currents fashion trends.
- You will have at least 3-4 years of commercial knitwear industry experience and be familiar with working with off shore factories.
- You will have the ability to design in all gauges of knitwear with extensive yarn knowledge.
- Driving licence and own transport essential due to client visits.
Knitwear Designer - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.