Our client is a long established premium quality knitwear supplier to some of the worlds leading brands and retailers. This highly successful family business has a rare opportunity for a talented Knitwear Designer to join their busy team in Hong Kong.
Knitwear Designer - The Role:
- Building relationships with clients to constantly develop and create new, commercially viable product on a seasonal basis
- You will be working alongside a Yarn Development team and the Design Room Manager as well as Designers in both Hong Kong and the UK, creating both interesting shapes and textures.
- Generating flat sketches and specs and ensuring garments are fit for production
- Liaison with factories in China and Myanmar
- Travel to SpinExpo and for comparative shopping
- This is an initial 2 year contract
Knitwear Designer - The Candidate:
- At least 2 years of experience in a commercial Knitwear Design role.
- Experience of working with UK retailers.
- The ability to work with all types and gauges of ladies knitwear
- A strong work ethic and 'can do' attitude.
- Must be able to communitcate with people at all levels and in a multicultural environment.
Knitwear Designer - The Package:
- Competitive salary, plus medical cover and pension, plus return flight back to UK (or equivalent)
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.