Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser to join their design team based in Cornwall.
Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser - The Role:
You will be responsible for collating relevant data and analysing the information to advise the business on range planning, forecasting and buys. In addition you will work with our trade partners, new markets and ecommerce on sales, budgets and stock optimisation.
- Build a range proposal through analysis of current and historical data.
- Have an understanding of future trends, business direction and promotional activities to propose growth opportunities.
- Able to communicate clearly, work through multiple options and build evidence to justify proposals.
- Draw together analysis and data from trade and direct to consumer sales to produce a core option plan for key account customers taking into account an offering of newness
- Create accurate forecast requirements for Key Account buys.
- Review key account buys by customer to ensure that budgets and sales targets are met.
- Work collaboratively with the Key Account Sales team and Key Account customer to give guidance on sales performance identify areas of opportunity or de-risk if necessary.
- Monitor and optimise the allocation of stocks.
Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- Highly experienced in MS Excel with solid knowledge of advanced functions and the ability to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data.
- The ability to analyse data to gain deep insights and make key recommendations and proposals appropriate to business needs
- Proven experience in building option plans and able to demonstrate the success of future projections
- Knowledge of databases and report building.
- Preferably experienced in a similar merchandise focused role.
- Knowledge of, or experience in the apparel industry would be highly beneficial
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Highly capable with numerical tasks.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy essential.
Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.