Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivery great value women’s fashion, menswear and children’s clothing. They are currently looking for a Junior Merchandiser to join their team on a fixed term maternity contract.
Junior Merchandiser - The Role:
- Responsible for providing support to the merchandiser and work alongside the buying team to ensure a balanced product range that will satisfy the customer, store requirements and achieve the department strategy.
- Accurately monitor the deliveries of stocks, raise orders, key markdowns and sales forecasts appropriately through continuous development and as required in line with internal systems, processes and commercial requirements on a timely basis.
- Accurately analyse and present weekly sales reports to interpret department performance against forecast, budget and last year, whilst providing rationale and explanation of reasons for current and future performance.
- To ensure that stock is allocated correctly and updating upon any issues.
- To present SLA and WSSI information as required.
- To discuss and chase queries regarding status of orders
- To understand and accurately produce and analyse
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all documentation and systems are maintained and kept accurately up to date with the required information at all times.
- Working to the critical path
Junior Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- Numerical skills
- Highly motivated can do attitude
- Advanced user of Microsoft excel
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective team player
Junior Merchandiser - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.