Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivery great value women’s fashion, menswear and children’s clothing. They are currently looking for a Junior Buyer on Menswear. This is a Level 3 and is to support the Buyer to source, develop and deliver a specific range of products at the right cost, right time and right place to achieve the Company’s gross profit.
Junior Buyer Menswear - The Role:
- Review and analyse best and worst sellers to be able to present findings and action plan to Buyer and team
- Develops positive working relationships with own network of suppliers and proactively lead supplier meetings for the purpose of own range development
- Negotiate effectively on prices with suppliers and with internal contacts to influence agreed outcomes that achieve a win/win situation
- Working with AM to review weekly sales report and proposing risks and opportunities using trading skills to assess high/low covers and potential stock issues.
- Present to Buyer clearly defined action plan on product proposal supported by sound reasoning
- Be able to utilise all information to make suggestions to Buyer from benchmarking and comp shops and impact on own range
- Be able to clearly identify missed opportunities and potential growth within ranges
- Develop, coach and mentor Assistant Buyers as required within your team through undertaking regular reviews and colleague Appraisals.
- Chase and prioritise samples for fit sessions
- Demonstrates knowledge of product construction, manufacturing process and testing along with their impacts upon the fit process
- Develop and source buying samples through focussing on fabrication, timescales and margin implications inline with department strategy
- Undertake regular benchmarking to keep up to date with competitor activity and proposes opportunities to Buyer to assist with range development
- Demonstrate understanding of customer profile to actively contribute to research of new trends, colours and themes to support own range
Junior Buyer Menswear - The Candidate:
- 2-3 years in a Buying role
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Effective teamworking
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Intermediate IT Skills
- Product and fabric Knowledge
- Commercially Aware
Junior Buyer Menswear - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.