Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivery great value women’s fashion, menswear and children’s clothing. They are currently looking for a Junior Buyer on Menswear. This is a Level 3 and is to support the Buyer to source, develop and deliver a specific range of products at the right cost, right time and right place to achieve the Company’s gross profit.
Junior Buyer Menswear - The Role:
- Review and analyse best and worst sellers to be able to present findings and action plan to Buyer and team
- Develops positive working relationships with own network of suppliers and proactively lead supplier meetings for the purpose of own range development
- Negotiate effectively on prices with suppliers and with internal contacts to influence agreed outcomes that achieve a win/win situation
- Working with AM to review weekly sales report and proposing risks and opportunities using trading skills to assess high/low covers and potential stock issues.
- Present to Buyer clearly defined action plan on product proposal supported by sound reasoning
- Be able to utilise all information to make suggestions to Buyer from benchmarking and comp shops and impact on own range
- Be able to clearly identify missed opportunities and potential growth within ranges
- Develop, coach and mentor Assistant Buyers as required within your team through undertaking regular reviews and colleague Appraisals.
- Chase and prioritise samples for fit sessions
- Demonstrates knowledge of product construction, manufacturing process and testing along with their impacts upon the fit process
- Develop and source buying samples through focussing on fabrication, timescales and margin implications inline with department strategy
- Undertake regular benchmarking to keep up to date with competitor activity and proposes opportunities to Buyer to assist with range development
- Demonstrate understanding of customer profile to actively contribute to research of new trends, colours and themes to support own range
Junior Buyer Menswear - The Candidate:
- 2-3 years in a Buying role
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Effective teamworking
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Intermediate IT Skills
- Product and fabric Knowledge
- Commercially Aware
Junior Buyer Menswear - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.