Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in mainland Europe or the North of England for a Head of European Sales for their Transport Division.
Head of European Sales - The Role:
- To develop and grow the Transport business in Europe by utilising strategic marketing and promotion of the brand to become the leading supplier in Europe.
- To deliver Sales, Gross Selling Margin (GSM) and Net Selling Margin (NSM) budget figures on an annual basis for Europe.
- Be responsible for delivering European Bus, Coach and Rail project business through current sales teams.
- Manage and develop the existing European Sales Team and independent agencies in European territories supporting and growing both their confidence and commercial acumen.
- Personally, manage and be responsible for territories in Europe where the Business has no representation.
- Establish the brand as the leading partner for textile solutions for the transport industry in the region.
- Acquire new business with potential partners in the transport industry.
- Promote products to the public and private transport operators, design houses as well as seat manufacturers, rail carriage manufacturers.
- Propose budget figures for Europe in terms of Sales, GSM, NSM as well as direct selling costs such that figures can be agreed and finalised for the forthcoming business year.
- Negotiate and agree contracts and prices-increases with the existing customer base maximising both margins and volumes.
- Identify major projects for specification and project monitoring to ensure that the Business are recognised at an early stage of the project and is finally specified.
- Develop and lead European sales and marketing strategy to significantly increase market penetration in Europe.
- Evaluate current European structure and make confident, timely strategic changes where necessary.
- Contribute and assist with leading European decision making on key strategic markets such as market development, NPD and innovation, pricing strategies and sales channels.
- Engage with regional teams to plan and implement new sales, customer adoptions, advertising and promotions.
- Actively lead the growth of our market share in our home market, taking responsibility for key account development and growth capitalising key USP's.
- Recruit and develop new team members ensuring we have the right people in place at the right time to ensure we meet current and future business needs.
- Manage the relevant financial report of management and financial information for Europe.
- Establish strong relationships with key decision- makers from the ground up.
- Grow the European market share in line with strategic goals.
- Produce clearly defined project pipelines which will be shared with the European Transport team ensuring delivery.
Head of European Sales - The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in selling products to all sizes of customers within the mass transport industry, OEM's and vehicle manufacturers.
- An advantage would be experience in selling textile products and services.
- Proven ability to generate interest in products, brands, vision, mission and values of the business.
- Excellent English language skills are essential, a proficiency in German is essential and working knowledge of other language skills would be an advantage.
- Have excellent judgement, be passionate, flexible, ability to solve problems and decision making in a timely manner.
- Establish trust with the customer base by exhibiting a confident and authoritative manner.
- Show corporate responsibility and ethics.
- Experience of leading, coaching and developing sales teams.
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft packages, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of developing, monitoring and reporting on sales and marketing plans, budgets and market intelligence.
- You must be driven and possess the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of selling ideas/concepts to major international clients.
- Ambitious, who has the potential to progress within the organisation.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships throughout customer's organisations and within the Business.
- Ability to cope under pressure and remain calm.
Head of European Sales - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.