Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in mainland Europe or the North of England for a Head of European Sales for their Transport Division.
Head of European Sales - The Role:
- To develop and grow the Transport business in Europe by utilising strategic marketing and promotion of the brand to become the leading supplier in Europe.
- To deliver Sales, Gross Selling Margin (GSM) and Net Selling Margin (NSM) budget figures on an annual basis for Europe.
- Be responsible for delivering European Bus, Coach and Rail project business through current sales teams.
- Manage and develop the existing European Sales Team and independent agencies in European territories supporting and growing both their confidence and commercial acumen.
- Personally, manage and be responsible for territories in Europe where the Business has no representation.
- Establish the brand as the leading partner for textile solutions for the transport industry in the region.
- Acquire new business with potential partners in the transport industry.
- Promote products to the public and private transport operators, design houses as well as seat manufacturers, rail carriage manufacturers.
- Propose budget figures for Europe in terms of Sales, GSM, NSM as well as direct selling costs such that figures can be agreed and finalised for the forthcoming business year.
- Negotiate and agree contracts and prices-increases with the existing customer base maximising both margins and volumes.
- Identify major projects for specification and project monitoring to ensure that the Business are recognised at an early stage of the project and is finally specified.
- Develop and lead European sales and marketing strategy to significantly increase market penetration in Europe.
- Evaluate current European structure and make confident, timely strategic changes where necessary.
- Contribute and assist with leading European decision making on key strategic markets such as market development, NPD and innovation, pricing strategies and sales channels.
- Engage with regional teams to plan and implement new sales, customer adoptions, advertising and promotions.
- Actively lead the growth of our market share in our home market, taking responsibility for key account development and growth capitalising key USP's.
- Recruit and develop new team members ensuring we have the right people in place at the right time to ensure we meet current and future business needs.
- Manage the relevant financial report of management and financial information for Europe.
- Establish strong relationships with key decision- makers from the ground up.
- Grow the European market share in line with strategic goals.
- Produce clearly defined project pipelines which will be shared with the European Transport team ensuring delivery.
Head of European Sales - The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in selling products to all sizes of customers within the mass transport industry, OEM's and vehicle manufacturers.
- An advantage would be experience in selling textile products and services.
- Proven ability to generate interest in products, brands, vision, mission and values of the business.
- Excellent English language skills are essential, a proficiency in German is essential and working knowledge of other language skills would be an advantage.
- Have excellent judgement, be passionate, flexible, ability to solve problems and decision making in a timely manner.
- Establish trust with the customer base by exhibiting a confident and authoritative manner.
- Show corporate responsibility and ethics.
- Experience of leading, coaching and developing sales teams.
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft packages, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of developing, monitoring and reporting on sales and marketing plans, budgets and market intelligence.
- You must be driven and possess the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Proven track record of selling ideas/concepts to major international clients.
- Ambitious, who has the potential to progress within the organisation.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships throughout customer's organisations and within the Business.
- Ability to cope under pressure and remain calm.
Head of European Sales - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.