Our client specialises in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment under two aspirational brands. Due to the Company’s continued growth they have a rare opportunity for Head of Buying to join their passionate and professional team based at their Head Office in Derbyshire.
You will oversee the Buying function, responsible for execution of the seasonal Buy Plan, ensuring that deadlines are met and product delivered on time, whilst proactively developing close relationships with stakeholders and ensuring compliance with official bodies.
Head of Buying - The Role:
- Responsible for execution of the seasonal Buy Plan, and in conjunction with the external sales team, that the deadlines are met and product delivered on time.
- Maintain and develop mutually beneficial relationships with the Far East supplier base whilst keeping a robust supply chain
- Demonstrate an “end to end” big picture thinking understanding who can spot opportunity and problem alike, in a complex, fast moving supply chain.
- Maintaining the product portfolios of both Brands including management and maintenance of SKU/barcode and other base data, through to BOM and tariff classifications used by other departments internally.
- Any other duties as required by your line manager.
Head of Buying - The Candidate:
- At least 5-years previous experience in a similar position is essential together with strong commercial awareness, preferably within the outdoor industry.
- A degree in a relevant discipline would be desirable.
- Strong ERP system experience, ideally Navision and with a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exposure to or knowledge of technical garments and the deadline drive, critical path for seasonal campaigns.
- Excellent organisational, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, and compel the team to follow your lead.
- Dynamic approach to problem solving / trend spotting and analytical interpretation within the boundaries of a detailed seasonal plan.
- Strong decision making ability, 99% fact based with the ability to take a key decision in difficult circumstances
Head of Buying - The Package:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.