Our client is a fabulous Brand of Womenswear and childrenswear. They have an exciting opportunity for an entry level Designer to join their business. Working across childrenswear. Must have retail and/or placement/intern design experience, preferably in childrenswear.
Graduate Childrenswear Designer - The Role:
- Assist the Designer in trend research.
- Support designer in creation of design technical packs.
- Assist in the collation of colour palettes, fabric and trims packs to send with design technical packs to manufacturers for sampling.
- Achieve deadlines set by Designers, planning and prioritising daily work and tasks.
- Manage sample development critical path and understand how lead times are affected by country of origin.
- Work with design and quality team to understand the health & safety requirements on all product areas.
- Gain knowledge of best & worst selling lines at product level and keep best seller library up to date.
Graduate Childrenswear Designer - The Candidate:
- Fashion Design Degree
- Exceptional communication, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Flexible team player with the ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient user of Microsoft packages & sound knowledge of different design systems (Adobe Suite) preferred.
- Possesses an excellent eye for detail and proportions.
- Excellent drawing skills and experience with technical drawings in order to help team with design packs.
- Ability to identify key trends, shapes, colours and looks.
- Full clean driving license and own transport is essential
Graduate Childrenswear Designer - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.