Our client is a fast growing supplier of multi product fashion/sports clothing across mens and ladies. They have an exciting opportunity for a Garment Technologist to join their company. This role also has a creative element to work to develop product across quality and aesthetics.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Working across Ladies and Men’s multi products.
- Ensure garments are produced to the standards of quality set by ourselves and our clients within tolerance and fit for purpose.
- Working with detailed Design Tech Packs to create technical specifications and size charts for fit.
- Improving and supporting innovative technical solutions to improve quality, cost and speed of delivery.
- A clear understanding of standard operating manuals, testing requirements, client reporting systems, packaging and labelling.
- Attending customer meetings/fit sessions and dealing with sealing samples.
- Design / Illustrator support for key accounts when required.
- Direct daily interaction with our factories, clients and partners to communicate technical information and requirements.
- Maintain records for test reports, lab dips, sealing samples, in-house performance and wash trials.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- At least 1-2 experience in a similar role.
- Advantageous to have experience of dealing with highstreet/supermarket systems
- An eye for detail and sound technical knowledge of garment construction and garment fitting.
- Managing comments and approvals process for garments, fit, fabrics and trims and feedback to supply chain.
- Must be commercially astute to understand cost objectives.
- Self-motivated with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Well organised and working to timelines / critical paths.
- Ability to work independently and within a team dynamic.
- A good energy and enthusiasm to work to the common goals of the business.
Garment Technologist - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.