Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an opportunity for a Senior Garment Technologist to join their office in Bangladesh. With a $28 billion a year textile industry it is the perfect place to take your career to the next level. Are you looking for something new, keen for an adventure, want to live an expat life? If so this could be for you.
Senior Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Ensure that factory has full understanding of the development process
- Work with Designer, Development Merchandiser and Factories to ensure a detailed and accurate sample pack is given out on First time
- Assist factories at every stage of development / fit process to ensure a smooth approval process
- Accurately measure and log measurements before sending sample to UK office
- Ensure that critical path is updated and be responsible for liaising with merchandisers to chase factories for samples
- Working with UK technologist to ensure the most effective route for approval
- Review comments from UK Technologist and ensure all points are clearly explained to the factories
- Monitor success of each supplier in connection to sample accuracy and meeting set dates regarding critical path
Senior Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- 7-12 year working experience
- Must have experience in Outerwear with a reputed multinational Buying/Sourcing/ Liaison Office.
- Sound Garment Technical Knowledge
- Efficient in computer operation on Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Problem Solving Skill
- Should have practical experience in a fast paced/multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in English
Senior Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation, transport and regular trips to the UK.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.