Our client is a leading supplier within the hosiery, underwear and loungewear markets. They are currently recruiting a Garment Technologist to join their team in Nottingham.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Check fit samples / PP samples & Gold Seals.
- Attend internal fit meetings where required.
- Ensure that the factories are manufacturing in accordance to customer requirements and guidelines.
- Check and approve AQL & needle metal detection reports and inform merchandiser of approved to ship status.
- Update critical path and attend development and critical path meetings.
- Maintain up to date information on style workbooks.
- Work from the development of a product from concept through to production.
- Work closely with the design and technical manager ensuring that all products are fit for purpose.
- Request and review relevant testing.
- Instruct factory and correct care instructions for each style.
- Conduct, where relevant, wearer trials to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Create specs and detailed how to measure diagrams.
- Based in the East Midlands – with travel to London and overseas.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years commercial experience required.
- Knowledge of working with socks, hosiery, underwear and sportswear ideal but not essential.
- Previous experience of supplying UK high street preferred.
- Must be a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work at a fast pace.
Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.