Our client design and supply tailored garments world-wide, to major high street retailers. They currently have an opening for a highly experienced Fabric Technologist to join their business, based in the Far East.
Fabric Technologist – The Role:
- To formulate/deliver fabric sourcing and design & development strategy.
- Manage fabric development process.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and progress all base test reports on known fabrics directly from mills for lap dips and bulk production.
- Working to a critical path and liaising on a daily basis with offshore manufacturers and mills.
- Responsible for the fabric library.
- Manage customer expectations through regular communication & meetings, and ensure all actions have deadlines.
- Ability to take commercial and timely decisions
- Work closely with design and commercial team
Fabric Technologist – The Candidate:
- A good knowledge and awareness of UK/European/US fabric testing standards and requirements with strong practical skills.
- Experience of working with a variety of different fabric bases, particularly wovens.
- Ability to self-manage and implement standards, processes and systems and take on levels of responsibilities.
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Competent proficiency in Microsoft packages, systems and software
- A confident communicator and team player.
- Currently residing in the Far East is a must
Fabric Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.