Our client is a leading outdoor clothing and equipment retailer with outlets throughout Australasia. They have been steadily growing over the last 30 years and now have an opportunity for a talented Fabric Technologist to join their Product Operations team in New Zealand.
Fabric Technologist - The Role:
- Reporting to the Materials Development Manager
- You will be responsible for ensuring all bulk material approvals at least meet the required quality standards
- Identifying and resolving any technical issues that may affect bulk production
- Managing to the fabric & trims testing lab and contributing to the quality assurance process
- Managing supply base and building strong relationships with key suppliers
- Supporting the compliance process to ensure that all due diligence testing and certificates of compliance are received for all products that have a legislated mandatory requirement, particularly for sale in markets outside AY/NZ.
- Ensure corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives are met
Fabric Technologist - The Candidate:
- Degree / Diploma in Textile Clothing, Textile Sciences or similar discipline
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Strong knowledge of performance Textiles, Yarns, Fabric Manufacturing & Chemical Processing
- Knowledge of testing for plastic, metal, wood, composites and other hard goods
- Strong understanding of International Standards ASTM, ISO and others and global compliance requirements CPSIA, Prop 65, REACH etc
- Good level of computer literacy
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to undertake regular international travel to Asia, of required
- An affinity for outdoor pursuits would be ideal
Fabric Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive remuneration package DOE
- Staff discount
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.